9.11.15
Must-see Monday
(Sorry for the crappy picture but unfortunately my camera is still at home)
If there's one thing I think that quintessentially makes Christmas so magical, it is the possibility to go iceskating in basically every city in the world accompanied by indispensable fairy lights -- along with the plausibility of breaking your wrists, your legs or every bone in your body.
I don't think I've ever seen such pure smiles when you see people gliding away with their loved ones (or alone...no judgement) or wetting themselves of laughter after yet another disastrously memorable fall.
THANKFULLY, some friends and I weren't one of those people last night (for once I managed to stay on my feet) but we did go to such a beautiful iceskating rink, the one next to the famous National History Museum. Location-wise... It was perfect. Honestly a must-see for first-time visitors, returning tourists or even locals, not only because the rink was beautifully lit in a way that made you feel like it was Christmas eve ( I've never sounded so cheesy in my life), but also because afterwards you go up to the café and order a phenomenal hot chocolate or mulled wine whilst you look at the skaters face-planting outside.
All in all... definitely a Christmas holiday 'check-list' essential.
Student discounts are Mondays-Tuesdays only :(
Here is the link to the website: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit/exhibitions/ice-rink.html
xx,oo
Kiek
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment